T-Mobile Bold 9780 Smartphone – Bar – Black 610214624079 CDMA Cell Phones
Get the full power of BlackBerry mobile communications with the powerful and refined BlackBerry Bold 9780 for T-Mobile, which is powered by the BlackBerry 6 operating system and features fast connectivity on T-Mobile’s 3G network plus support for Wi-Fi Calling for increased coverage. It also includes a distinctive, highly tactile full-QWERTY keyboard for fast and accurate typing, and an innovative touch-sensitive optical trackpad, which makes for a great navigation experience.
The BlackBerry Bold 9780 in black.
With the BlackBerry 6 operating system, the Bold 9780 provides a fluid and user-friendly interface, bringing your favorite features front-and-center, including universal search and a new and improved Web browsing experience with faster page-loading and tabbed browsing. It also offers access to BlackBerry App World, for discovering and downloading thousands of mobile applications.
Other features include Wi-Fi networking with access to T-Mobile’s Wi-Fi Calling service, a 5-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, built-in GPS for navigation and location services, microSD memory expansion up to 32 GB (2 GB card included), 512 MB internal memory, and up to 6 hours of talk time.
- Enabled for T-Mobile’s high-speed 3G network via T-Mobile’s HSDPA/UMTS network. (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA). It also benefits from the enhanced speeds of T-Mobile’s upgraded HSPA+ network, which offers speeds close to 4G connectivity and is being rolled out nationwide (read more about HSPA+ below).
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go
- Optional T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling service provides effortless transition between Wi-Fi calling and T-Mobile’s wireless network while you talk with T-Mobile’s innovative Wi-Fi Calling technology. Wi-Fi Calling is a free feature for this phone, and minutes used while connected to the Wi-Fi network count against available rate plan minutes.
- Built-in assisted GPS provides real-time location on maps, driving directions, and more (additional fees may apply). Get turn-by-turn directions with the included BlackBerry Maps software.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile–enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
OS & Software
- BlackBerry 6 OS retains the familiar BlackBerry features while adding fresh, powerful new tools to your mobile communications arsenal.
- Support for BlackBerry App World featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include travel, productivity, entertainment, games, social networking and sharing, news and weather, and more.
- Compatible with BlackBerry Enterprise Server for advanced security and IT administration features within IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novell GroupWise environments.
- View attachments including JPEG, Adobe PDF, and Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Communications & Internet
Design and Hardware
The BlackBerry Bold 9780 weighs 4.2 ounces and measures 4.3 x 2.4 x 0.6 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6 hours of talk time, and up to 408 hours (17 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile’s 3G network (1700/2100 MHz).
What’s in the Box
BlackBerry Bold 9780 handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, 2 GB microSD card, wired stereo hands-free headset, quick start guide
T-Mobile Service Options
- Mobile Backup lets you store your contacts on T-Mobile’s network so even if you lose your device, you don’t lose your contacts.
- MegaTones and Wallpaper allow you to give your phone character with instrumental ringtones from your favorite artists and wallpapers.
- International calling capable provides optional international roaming service activation, enabling you to access the web on compatible data networks throughout the world.
High-Speed 3G Data Connectivity
In addition to its quad-band GSM connectivity, this phone is also compatible with T-Mobile’s UMTS/HSDPA 3G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum. This phone is designed to automatically connect to the best available network (3G or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you’ll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile’s EDGE network (which stands for “Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution”). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go.
As of November, 2010, T-Mobile has upgraded its traditional 3G network to HSPA+ in 75 major metropolitan areas across the U.S., with plans to continue rolling out this network upgrade throughout 2011. With typical download speeds that are on par with or faster than competing 4G technologies, T-Mobile’s HSPA+ network provides fast data speeds–up to 3 times faster than AT&T and Verizon’s standard 3G networks–while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities for the ultimate wireless voice and data experience. You’ll enjoy faster Web browsing, uninterrupted video streaming, and quicker app downloads.
T-Mobile’s 4G mobile broadband network (powered by HSPA+) provides a theoretical capability of up to 21 Mbps peak download speeds, with average download speeds typically in the 5 to 8 Mbps range.
While this 3G-enabled mobile device doesn’t offer HSPA+ compatibility, it can benefit from enhanced speeds when connecting to the HSPA+ network today.